- Profile selection from boot menu (grub/lilo).
- Make install should work, dunno how this crap works.
- Wall: pinit will include the wall command sysvinit.
- Shutdown: pinit will include a shutdown command similar to
that of sysvinit.
- Halt: shutdown -h now. (No fast shutdown "tricks", fast shutdown might be added, informing services that they should shutdown as fast as possible).
- Reboot: shutdown -r now.
- Power off: shutdown -p now.
Things that would be nice
- Output client for framebuffer (with fancy icons).
- GTK pinitctl with editor for profiles and services.
- Fix mount somewhat, perhaps write a lib. xml fstab.
- Write lib for network configuration. (static conf, dhcp, zeroconf)
- Fix OpenSSH so that it can run in foreground, and other daemons
- Regular expression in searching services (status *)